Saturday, May 2, 2009

Final Blog

It has been interesting reading about everyone finishing up their internships and moving on with their careers or educations in one way or another. But it's a weird feeling because I am no where near done with my internship. Today I was busy as ever running around camp as I worked the wall, pulled rocks and did trail work on our new obstacle course, built relationships with volunteers, and of course got very very tired. I was glad that I got the opportunity to be a part of this very large workday, because on Thursday I strained the entire right side of my back and was not able to even twist my torso in any direction. However, I somehow became very blessed and fortune to have my back relax on Friday afternoon so that I was able to work hard that afternoon moving tires for our obstacle course and dealing with various deliveries that we received that day. It was a great experience for me because one of my strengths is I'm an Achiever and therefore I need to accomplish things in a day in order to feel like I did something with my day. This internship has been an awesome learning experience and it continues to reinforce the passion that I have for camp ministry. I really hope that I am able to continue in this field and at this camp in the future after my internship. Good luck to everyone as they either graduate or move forward with what they are passionate about.

No comments:

Post a Comment